47 years Motor Oil
We are an energy group that creates economic and social value with consistency and responsibility.
Motor oil is a leading company in the oil refining sector, supplying the markets it serves with a wide range of reliable energy products. The company has developed into one of the main pillars of the Greek economy, while also playing a leading role in the wider Southeast European region.
The Refinery together with the auxiliary and fuel-handling facilities is Greece's largest purely private industrial complex and is considered one of Europe's most flexible refineries. It can process crude oils of various characteristics and produce a wide range of petroleum products, complying with the most stringent International specifications, serving major petroleum marketing companies in Greece and abroad.
the voluntary benefits for employees and their families 2018
in solidarity projects and various sponsorships in 2018
26,1 million euros
in investments and operating expenses
for the environment in 2018
Environment And Sustainable Development
Motor Oil’s main objective is to minimize the environmental impact and energy footprint of its operations, in the context of sustainable development. This objective is based on Environmental and Energy Management systems certified according to ISO 14001 and ISO 50001 respectively.
The Environmental and Energy Management Systems are part of the Single Management System and are effective management control tools for achieving environmental policy objectives, which are:
- to comply fullly with the applicable Greek and European environmental legislation.
- to operate our plants and facilities according to approved environmental conditions.
- to sell products which meet European standards on quality and protection of the environment, implementing the necessary projects to modernize the production process.
- to design and implement the various projects while minimizing the impact on the environment.
- to apply the Best Available Techniques.
- to control and, to the extent allowed by the technological and economic potential, to continue reduce greenhouse gas emissions and other gaseous pollutants, as well as the continuous reduction of liquid and solid waste.
- to control and minimize energy consumption as far as possible.
- to prevent any risk of pollution, minimize the likelihood of an environmental accident and to develop, test and implement emergency response procedures.
- to train and raise awareness for all company staff, as well as contractors working on our premises, in the implementation of our environmental policy.
- to evaluate our environmental performance and continuously improve our Environmental Management System.
- to develop interaction and dialog with all stakeholders, and in particular with the local communities where the company's premises are located.
Motor oil is one of the most important(biggest) employers in Greece. At the end of 2018, the number of staff employed reached 2.115 persons.
Our employees are the most valuable asset in achieving our strategic objectives and implementing development programs. In this context Motor oil has developed a well-organized and sustainable Human Resources Division aimed at identifying, attracting, developing and maintaining competent workers and managers.
The aim is to ensure a safe and fair working environment, which respects the human being and promotes trust, team spirit and efficiency.